Tuesday Trail Days! May-July, 2021
The snow has melted in the highlands, flowers abound, and we are excited to get out and help care for the lovely highlands trails again! In the next couple of months OHA will be out hiking, scouting trail needs, helping to clear the trails, getting some exercise, and enjoying nature and each others’ company. We will keep our groups small and respect physical distancing. We can’t wait! Below are some details about our upcoming trail stewardship events. We hope you will join us!
Trail Day Goals:
- Clear the trails of grass and branches
- Improve the trail surface (tread) as needed
- Make notes of other trail maintenance needs
- Have fun, get some exercise and enjoy the day
Trail Day Calendar:
Note: We may add some days depending on trail needs, but we wanted to give you something to put on your calendars. And now…let us present… OHA’s Tuesdays on the Trails!
- Tuesday, May 25th at 10am: Virginia Lilly – Trailhead – 3.5 miles, moderately strenuous loop
- Tuesday, June 1st at 10am: Virginia Lilly – Trailhead – 3.5 miles, moderately strenuous loop
- Tuesday, June 22nd at 10am: Pine Chee Trail near Chesaw – less than a mile, easy out and back
- Tuesday, July 6 at 10am: Strawberry Mountain – 4 miles, strenuous up, all downhill back 🙂
Trail Day Details:
- Transportation: travel in family groups or social bubbles (see links above, in the calendar section for Google Map directions)
- Things to bring: lunch, water, snacks, work gloves, sturdy hiking shoes or boots.
- Optional things to bring: bug spray, sunscreen, hat, hand tools (loppers, pruners, garden hoe, etc.) that you like to use or think will be helpful
Complete the OHA Volunteer Survey for email reminders and more event details