OHA's Volunteer Program
OHA is committed to protecting and restoring wetlands in the Okanogan Highlands, and there are a variety of areas that you can become involved in. You can help OHA protect, restore and preserve the Okanogan Highlands by becoming involved in OHA’s mine monitoring, education and/or restoration programs. Throughout the coming year, OHA will need volunteers in the following areas:
- Assisting with exterior wall cleaning and preparation for mural painting
- Helping out at education events
- Creating educational props
- Assisting with supervision of children during field trips
- Working to improve restoration sites
- Writing comments to agencies about issues of concern
- Trail building
- Helping pull noxious weeds
- Helping identify migratory songbirds during spring survey
- Taking water measurements (OHA will train you)
- Donating pictures related to our watershed
Even if you do not live in the highlands, there are many ways to share your skills.
If you would like to volunteer in any of OHA's programs, please fill out our volunteer survey. If you have questions, please email Julie Ashmore, Conservation Coordinator: email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest!